whirr-user mailing list archives

From Alex Sicoe <alex.si...@bigdatapartnership.com>
Subject Using Apache Whirr with on premise HW
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:31:01 GMT
Hello everyone,

We are investigating Apache Whirr to see if we can use it as the
deployment/configuration management platform for some of the services we
work with: the Hadoop ecosystem, Apache Cassandra, Solr etc

We will need to be able to deploy our clusters in the cloud as well as on
premise. We can see that Whirr can do cloud (EC2 and Rackspace at least)
but it's not clear whether it can be configured/extended to deploy on bare
metal machines. Can someone confirm this is possible? Could you point us in
the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Alex
--

Alexandru Dan Sicoe
Big Data Partnership

twitter.com/bigdataexperts
www.bigdatapartnership.com

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER

This email (including attachments) is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from
your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

Business Address: 1 Bath Street, London, EC1V 9LB
Registered Office: Finsgate, 5-7 Cranwood Street, London, EC1V 9EE
Big Data Partnership Limited is a company registered in England & Wales
with Company No 7904824