whirr-user mailing list archives

From Russell Jurney <russell.jur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What does this Exception mean?
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:54:56 GMT
Oooh, I got more!  Still not sure how to take action:

Running on provider aws-ec2 using identity XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: Too many
instance failed while bootstrapping! 0 successfully started instances while
2 instances failed
at
org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.launchCluster(ClusterController.java:128)
at
org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:69)
at
org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:59)
at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.run(Main.java:69)
at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.main(Main.java:102)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.io.IOException: Too many instance failed while bootstrapping! 0
successfully started instances while 2 instances failed
at
org.apache.whirr.actions.BootstrapClusterAction.doAction(BootstrapClusterAction.java:125)
at
org.apache.whirr.actions.ScriptBasedClusterAction.execute(ScriptBasedClusterAction.java:131)
at
org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.bootstrapCluster(ClusterController.java:137)
at
org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.launchCluster(ClusterController.java:113)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException:
Too many instance failed while bootstrapping! 0 successfully started
instances while 2 instances failed
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
at
org.apache.whirr.actions.BootstrapClusterAction.doAction(BootstrapClusterAction.java:120)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Too many instance failed while
bootstrapping! 0 successfully started instances while 2 instances failed
at org.apache.whirr.compute.StartupProcess.call(StartupProcess.java:93)
at org.apache.whirr.compute.StartupProcess.call(StartupProcess.java:41)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Russell Jurney <russell.jurney@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hmmm its my only error. Is there some place else I should look for errors?
>
> I have it configured to boot one instance with each of my roles, but for
> some reason it boots two instances, one after another, and then I get this
> exception.
>
> How do I debug this stuff?
>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Andrew Bayer <andrew.bayer@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Looks like you don't have any instances but it's still trying to open up
>> the security group?
>>
>> A.
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Russell Jurney <russell.jurney@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Russells-MacBook-Pro:whirr rjurney$ bin/whirr launch-cluster --config
>>> recipes/druid.properties
>>> Running on provider aws-ec2 using identity XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index (0) must be less than size (0)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.launchCluster(ClusterController.java:128)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:69)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:59)
>>> at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.run(Main.java:69)
>>>  at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.main(Main.java:102)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index (0) must be less
>>> than size (0)
>>> at
>>> com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkElementIndex(Preconditions.java:305)
>>>  at
>>> com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkElementIndex(Preconditions.java:284)
>>> at com.google.common.collect.Iterables.get(Iterables.java:732)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.service.FirewallManager.authorizeIngress(FirewallManager.java:291)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.whirr.service.FirewallManager.authorizeAllRules(FirewallManager.java:242)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.service.ClusterActionHandlerSupport.handleFirewallRules(ClusterActionHandlerSupport.java:222)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.whirr.service.druid.DruidClusterActionHandler.beforeConfigure(DruidClusterActionHandler.java:64)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.service.ClusterActionHandlerSupport.beforeAction(ClusterActionHandlerSupport.java:59)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.whirr.actions.ScriptBasedClusterAction.execute(ScriptBasedClusterAction.java:123)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.configureServices(ClusterController.java:161)
>>> at

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com