whirr-user mailing list archives

From Russell Jurney <russell.jur...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange behavior when I split my service among more than one node
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:03:52 GMT
I need some help, as I'm stumped about what to do about the errors I'm
seeing.

I have a service composed of the following roles, which boots well on one
node: whirr.instance-templates=1
zookeeper+druid-mysql+druid-master+druid-broker+druid-compute+druid-realtime

The service relies on zookeeper.

druid-mysql role uses apt-get, sed, etc. to install mysql:
https://github.com/rjurney/whirr/blob/trunk/services/druid/src/main/resources/functions/install_mysql.sh

The druid-broker, druid-master, druid-compute and druid-realtime services
rely on zookeeper and mysql.

*
https://github.com/rjurney/whirr/blob/trunk/services/druid/src/main/resources/functions/install_druid.sh
*
https://github.com/rjurney/whirr/blob/trunk/services/druid/src/main/resources/functions/configure_druid.sh

For some reason, when I split out the service onto more than one node,
nothing works other than Zookeeper: mysql isn't installed, nor are my nodes
installed to /usr/local, etc.

I don't understand why everything changes to much when I split nodes. I'm
not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com