whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to specify hardware-id per whirr instance template
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:28:21 GMT
Actually, you keep the whirr.instance-templates line and add the
whirr.templates lines.

"whirr.templates.hadoop-namenode+A.hardware-id=m1.large" means "When
setting up the instances specified in whirr.instance-templates for the role
combo hadoop-namenode+A, use this hardware ID". It's an extra level of
configuration on top of the instance templates, not replacing them.

Hmm. I don't think we've got anything that currently supports running
multiple instances of a role on the same node. It could probably be done,
but would take some work in the core and a service that was explicitly
designed for that so that one instance didn't stomp on another...

A.