whirr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bell <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for VMware vCloud Director?
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 14:28:59 GMT
Hello,

I started experimenting with Whirr only yesterday. It's quite something.

I read somewhere on the Web that if jclouds supports a particular provider,
then Whirr does, too. But, in reading
http://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/userguide/vmware-vcloud/I
got confused. My installation doesn't have any of the listed
providers,
e.g., Terremark or Bluelock. We just run VMware's VCD as is, so to speak.

What am I missing here; can Whirr talk "directly" to VCD and if not, then
why not? Put otherwise, what capabilities do Terremark, Bluelock, and
StratoGen provide that enables Whirr to talk to VCD?

Also, might the "experimental" jclouds BYON allow me to talk directly to
VCD?

Thank you for your help.

-Paul