whirr-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Tiernay" <btier...@hotmail.com>
Subject Whirr Status Inquiry
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 15:15:44 GMT
Hi all,

I am very keen on the possibility of using Whirr in many of my current projects since Whirr
is Java based, uses jclouds which supports many cloud providers, is embeddable in a host application
and has number useful plugins such as https://github.com/cloudera/whirr-cm, https://github.com/ptgoetz/whirr-storm,
https://github.com/ptgoetz/whirr-kafka, etc. that let you hit the ground running. Additionally,
I don't see any real contenders in this space for ease of use / configuration and maximal
portability of cloud providers.

I'm curious if the community could comment on the current status of Whirr. I see no projects
commits, JIRA activity, releases, blog posts, Q&A questions and very very very few messages
on the mailing list. These are quite bad signs for someone who is very keen on adopting it.
I do not want to heavily invest in a dying technology so any perspective on the matter would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bob