wicket-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
Subject Re: Using Wicket to generate E-Mails.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 19:02:49 GMT
Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
am Dienstag, 12. März 2019 um 17:12 schrieben Sie:

> To render more complex markup you need to use ComponentRenderer.
> You can render whole Pages or just Components (like Panels).

Great, I'll have a look at that.

> I do not understand what you mean with `adding newlines, manual
> indentation, etc.` - Wicket just renders whatever your page/panel says.

My HTML-templates would contain elements like "h1", "p", "table",
"pre", "blockquote" etc., which are not useful as is in plain text
mails. Consider the following pseudo-HTML:

<h1>Hi customer!</h1>
<pre>NEW PRICE: 10 bucks</pre>

That should be rendered to something like the following:

Hi customer!

Good news for you...

     NEW PRICE: 10 bucks

> You said...

But that should be achievable using Component.setRenderBodyOnly and
pre-/post-processing the results of ComponentRenderer. Two slightly
different render approaches using the same templates in best cases.

> ComponentRenderer just sets up a dummy RequestCycle so that you can render
> in non-HTTP threads, i.e. background threads.

Which is exactly what I need. Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55