wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Wicket to generate E-Mails.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:12:48 GMT
Guten Tag,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 5:57 PM Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@am-soft.de>
wrote:

> Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
> am Dienstag, 12. März 2019 um 15:18 schrieben Sie:
>
> > There is an example how to do this in wicket-examples:
> > - http://examples8x.wicket.apache.org/mailtemplate/
> > -
> https://github.com/apache/wicket/tree/master/wicket-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/examples/asemail
>
> Thanks, looking at PackageTextTemplate, it doesn't provide any support
> for tables, lists etc.? Only replacement of key-value-pairs?

Correct!

> If I want to use HTML-templates only at best, do I need to
> additionally look at ComponentRenderer? "Component.setRenderBodyOnly"
> in combination with adding newlines, manual indentation etc. on the
> result of the rendering?

To render more complex markup you need to use ComponentRenderer.
You can render whole Pages or just Components (like Panels).
I do not understand what you mean with `adding newlines, manual
indentation, etc.` - Wicket just renders whatever your page/panel says.

ComponentRenderer just sets up a dummy RequestCycle so that you can render
in non-HTTP threads, i.e. background threads.