wink-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wink - MediaType incorrect (text/html) after exceptions
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 03:40:43 GMT
My understanding is that the exception mapper is responsible to decide what  content type it
produces. The exception mapper doesn't even know the resource method where the exception is
thrown unless the exception itself carries the desired media type.

Sent from my iPad

instead of the “application/json” declared in the resource method’s @Produces annotation.

> The resource method has @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON), and the client is successfully
getting a JSON response after the “happy path”.

> However, when the resource method throws an Exception and the ExceptionMapper runs, the
subsequent RequestHandler chain sees the MediaType as “text/html” instead of “application/json”.
 This would be annoying in and of itself since the client would get an unexpected content
type, however this is actually causing an IOException because Wink delegates the “text/html”
type other than String.

> Why is this MediaType coming back as “text/html” after an ExceptionMapper runs, when
both the client and the resource have agreed on “application/json”?  What can I do to
correct or alter this behavior?