wink-user mailing list archives

From Anton Piatek1 <anton.pia...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject custom exception mappers and core exceptions/errors
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 10:40:42 GMT
I am trying to use a custom exception mapper to format all exceptions into
my desired xml/json types depending on the content type.

I am handling my own exceptions happily and returning the http status code
I want, and the right xml/json response with the right helper messages,
but when it comes trying to catch wink errors such as a url/method/body
being wrong and not matching a handler I am struggling. I want to handle
these myself because wink does not format them into xml/json, and if it
did, would still be choosing its own format rather than mine.

I have an exceptionMapper which handles WebApplicationException but from
the exception I get there, I cannot figure out how to get a description of
the cause. I can get the stack, which normally isn't helpful, and I can
get the http status code from the response, but trying to get a string
saying "there is no handler for method PUT on resource /wibble/" seems to
be impossible.

Has anyone attempted this? Did you find a solution?

The closest I can get is parsing the http status code and writing a
description stream for each, but then I have to parse the Request object
to work out what the user called. I would have thought wink has already
done some of this for me.

Anton

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.