wink-user mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: InputStream & async examples
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:52:36 GMT
> Hi all,
> I am currently evaluating Wink for a new project.
>
> I have been playing around with some samples and it seems linear to me.
> I am not completely convinced, however, of async usage; this is how I
> have managed to get it working:
>
>         AsyncHttpClient asyncHttpClient = new AsyncHttpClient();
>         RestClient client = new RestClient(new
> AsyncHttpClientConfiguration(asyncHttpClient));
>
>         Resource resource =
> client.resource("http://services.odata.org/v3/(S(sn4zeecdefwvblk2xxlk425x))/OData/OData.svc/Products");

>         AtomFeed feed =
> resource.contentType("application/atom+xml").accept("application/atom+xml").get(AtomFeed.class);
>         asyncHttpClient.close();
>
>         for (AtomEntry entry : feed.getEntries()) {
>             System.out.println(entry.getTitle().getValue());
>         }
>
> Is this the correct usage? Isn't there any way to get something like
> Future<AtomFeed> instead?
>
> Moreover, I was also looking for a way to get an InputStream out of a
> response, to delay processing: is this possible?

I guess I've found (this seems to work):

         RestClient client = new RestClient(new
ApacheHttpClientConfig(new DefaultHttpClient()));

         Resource resource =
client.resource("http://localhost:8080/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Categories(1)");

         ClientResponse response =
resource.accept(MediaType.APPLICATION_ATOM_XML).get();
         InputStream is = response.getEntity(InputStream.class);
         System.out.println("********* " + response.getStatusCode());
         IOUtils.copy(is, writer);
         System.out.println(writer.toString());

I have also been able to create an entry (e.g. POST) only providing
InputStream: definitely nice.

I'll keep investigating for the Future<T> stuff...

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/