wink-user mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject Re: How to inject CDI beans into Wink Resource
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 06:27:35 GMT
Hi, Luciano.

I did indeed find that feature in WAS Liberty Profile.  It’s called Feature Manager and
allows you to disable OSGI features as you mentioned.

However, I cannot find the same feature in WAS v8.0’s Admin Console.  I found a “OSGi
bundle repositories” section within the “Environment” section.  There’s another potential
section (Servers -> WebSphere application servers -> server1: Container Services), but
no JAX-RS services are listed among other services such as JPA settings, Transaction settings,
etc.

I’m not aware of any Feature Manager in WAS v8.0..(I hope there’s one though).

However, I could swear that I’ve read about similar WAS v8.0 OSGi-supplied library problems
being classified as bugs while browsing the IBM Community forums.  I can’t recall a specific
account, but I remember stumbling across such a post within the last 6 months.  The post wasn’t
about JAX-RS, but it concerned another Java EE 6 technology such as JSF, CDI, or JPA.

 - Chris

On Dec 15, 2013, at 10:31 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com<mailto:luckbr1975@gmail.com>>