wink-user mailing list archives

From laurent bernabe <laurent.bern...@gmail.com>
Subject I don't manage to update my remote resource.
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:41:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

As I am learning REST development in Java and with Apache Wink, I am
implementing a very simple HelloNickName server/client.

I am using Eclipse Kepler 4.3 and Tomcat 6 (under Ubuntu 64 bits 13.10).
I managed to create a localhost server inside Tomcat 6 with Wink library.
I've joined the web.xml, HelloApplication.java and HelloResource.java for
the server side.
HelloResource has a GET and a PUT method.

But there is the problem I am facing :
I've written a tiny client (HelloNicknameClient) class in javase 7 in order
to test the GET/PUT methods.
What I was expecting is that the final String (result2) give me "Hello
Laurent !", but it is still "Hello World !" as result1 String.

What's wrong with my understanding of RESTful applications ? Should I
change a kind of configuration in my server side ? And if yes, which one ?

Regards