Take a look at a sample application at :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wink/sandbox/lresende/sample-jaxrs-webapp/

You might be missing the application file where you register your resources
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/wink/sandbox/lresende/sample-jaxrs-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/application?view=markup

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:41 AM, laurent bernabe <laurent.bernabe@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everyone,

As I am learning REST development in Java and with Apache Wink, I am implementing a very simple HelloNickName server/client.

I am using Eclipse Kepler 4.3 and Tomcat 6 (under Ubuntu 64 bits 13.10).
I managed to create a localhost server inside Tomcat 6 with Wink library. I've joined the web.xml, HelloApplication.java and HelloResource.java for the server side.
HelloResource has a GET and a PUT method.

But there is the problem I am facing :
I've written a tiny client (HelloNicknameClient) class in javase 7 in order to test the GET/PUT methods.
What I was expecting is that the final String (result2) give me "Hello Laurent !", but it is still "Hello World !" as result1 String.

What's wrong with my understanding of RESTful applications ? Should I change a kind of configuration in my server side ? And if yes, which one ?

Regards

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende