ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating all ws project sites to use the mirrored downloads
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:01:19 GMT

I am not a committer of WS-XMLRPC, so this below is just my
innocent observation/opinion.

As you know, Apache Jakarta consists of various build systems,
Maven/Anakia/Forrest/XSLT (Centipede in the past). Maybe you would say,
"The name 'Jakarta' implied the balkanization of each subprojects
into the realm of small islands" ... This is historical problem of
Jakarta Project, it seems.

On the other hand, WebServices Project is *new* and *young*.
So, the standardization of the build system could make sense
and be easy to be done.
Now, ws-site is using Forrest ... therefore, when thinking of the
standardization of webservices project's subprojects,
it could be a natural thing of them to be unified to the
Forrest build system.

Of course, this is the matter of the decision of WS-XMLRPC
Development Team and WebServices Project's PMC members.
The Apache XML Project is the most beautiful project from
this point of view - "consistency".

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:02:41 +1000