ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL?] Add WS Subprojects' Distribution To Mirrors and Summing
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:29:57 GMT

Hello, All!

This below is Apache "Jakarta" thing, however, I think many
jakarta products (which did not have summing...
e.g. jakarta-bcel, jakarta-lucene, etc) are now going to
apply this *signing* (summing) and *mirroring* rule
across the board, it seems.

Here's a [proposal] message to each jakarta projects' dev lists:

> the apache software foundation policy concerning releases is now that
> all releases should be available only through:
>
> 1. the main mirrored ASF distribution directories
> 2. the main ASF archives
>
> XXX is not currently available through the mirrors.
>
> my proposal is that:
>
> 1. the latest XXX release (n.m) be summed, signed and added to the
> mirrored directories
> 2. the release candidates be moved onto cvs.apache.org
> 3. all requests for downloads from the  be redirected to the main
> jakarta binary download page where the latest release can be download
> or the link to the archives can be followed
>
> (unless someone else steps forward) i'll volunteer to carry out this
> work.  (unless someone corrects me) i'll assume that the decision
> will proceed by lazy consensus. (unless someone forces a vote before
> then) i'll carry out this work...

(This message was created by Robert Burrell Donkin <rdonkin@apache.org>)

What do you all think about this above?
# I'll volunteer to do this if the decisions will be made.

Also, how are you planning to deal with the old versions of
axis releases?

cf.
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/convert-to-mirror.html