ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Use Forrest (Re: Updating all ws project sites to use the mirrored downloads)
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:16:05 GMT

Hi, Sanjiva, All

Thank you for putting your precious "plus one" to me :-)

I think the standardization of the website build would be important
for us (ws-proj). However, at the same time, we have to think of
the human resources to accomplish the standardizations.

I would love to volunteer to make changes on the current structures of
each (XMLRPC, SOAP, etc.) subprojects to be fit to what the FORREST
requires. Current XMLRPC (and SOAP/WS/wsrp4j..gyaaa Anakia!) members do
not have to think of and master the Apache Forrest itself.
# Also, I will put a page on ws.apache.org about "HOW TO BUILD WEBSITES".
# in the near future.

On the supposition of it described above, what would you all say? :-)
Opinions?

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:36:30 +0600
(Subject: Re: Updating all ws project sites to use the mirrored downloads)
"Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> wrote:

> I agree that in principle its in the hands of the XMLRPC committers.
> However, it would indeed be VERY nice IMO if the WS project were
> to standardize on a build system, at least for new projects that
> we start up. Having standardized infrastructure makes it easier
> for developers to move across projects, for example.
>
> I'm a +1 for Tetsuya's suggestion.
>
> Sanjiva.
<snip/>