ws-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ws-site/targets/wsrp4j/download ws-wsrp4j.zip
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:56:49 GMT
there are two problems:
#1: need to use mirrors to reduce bandwidth. See the following for details
    http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager
    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/convert-to-mirror.html
    http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
    http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html

#2: current incubator policy is that downloads should be clearly marked that they are under
incubation. you can do this by naming the file with a prefix "incubated-" and adding a README.TXT
that explains to the users that the project is still under incubation. (You will need to browse
the following thread to follow the discussion -
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106419511200003&r=1&w=2)

Thanks,
dims

=====