ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Renewed SOAP/Axis Website
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:49:41 GMT
Hi, Steve

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:39:06 -0700
Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> If you plan/wish to help maintain the pages, then I can nominate you for
> a committer, by submitting a VOTE on the axis-dev mail list.
>
> If you just want to get us started, then post the zip files and one of
> us will add them.
>
> In either case, we will need help learning to care and feed the forrest
> site ourself. In particular.

I suspect that I will be needed for the maintainance of the
websites, to some extent. SO, I imagined the former one.

It was a bit pain for me to make all the xml files validated,
as a matter of fact.
There are many rooms for the improvements, I suspect.

> -can we set it up so that the build/deploy is automated? Or do I have to
>   run forrest locally and commit changes?

In the near future, http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/
or equivalent tool will help us.

> -how do we convert our existing HTML docs into docs integrated w/
> forrest, nice PDFs for printing and still be redistributable with the
> Axis distribution?

Could you please explain more about this? Thanks.
(Please see: http://www.terra-intl.com/ws/axis/)

In my plan,
1. all the xml files (which would be used for the re-generation
of html/pdf files) would go to "ws-axis" module
2. all the html files and pdf files would go to "ws-site" module

> -steve

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)