ws-dev mailing list archives

From "Kellogg, Richard" <RKell...@MICROS.COM>
Subject RE: Forrestized -- WS-SOAP
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:29:28 GMT
Tetsuya,

The FAQ.html file should not be included.  It is outdated and its entire contents are included
in the Wiki.  Is there any way to convert the Wiki to static html for inclusion in the distribution?

Could we delete it from CVS or move it to the attic?

Just some thoughts,
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Tetsuya Kitahata [mailto:tetsuya@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 8:25 AM
To: soap-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: general@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Forrestized -- WS-SOAP

Hi!

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:13:49 -0400
"Scott Nichol" <snicholnews@scottnichol.com> wrote:

> It would be wonderful to upgrade the look of the docs.  Since these
> pages on the site are also packaged with the code distribution, the
> content would, of course, need to be rendered statically.  Is that
> how you do the Web site, or do you dynamically render?

I am still thinking of this: how to accomplish.

... I think the proper "Ant task" would solve the issues of  the
rendering of dynamic/static pages.
(Some of html pages would not have PDF files correspond to them..
probably)

> In deciding whether to tackle the docs, I encourage you to consider
> the priority of this versus other tasks you may have waiting.  Apache
> SOAP has been replaced by Axis, so new users are almost always
> directed to Axis.  The site, mailing lists, code revisions, etc.,
> support an established user base that does not want to migrate from
> Apache SOAP to Axis right now.  Therefore, if you have work to do on
> other projects like Axis, you will almost certainly want to address
> that work before considering forrestization of Apache SOAP docs.

I am willing to do the "Forrest-ization" of SOAP as well as Axis
at the same time. I will replace them around the middle of this month,
(After I will get the consensus of development team)
... this means that it would be accomplished after the publication
of the Apache Newsletter :-)
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/200309.html

> Thanks again for the wonderful look you have given the site!

;-)

Any comments would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S. I am willing to make use of the "Whole Site" rendering (html/pdf)
functions of Apache Forrest. /FAQ/ directory contents would be
concatnated.