ws-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: WS Commons again
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:19:57 GMT
Ias wrote:

> avoiding duplication. For example, if you use Axis, jUDDI and even JaxMe
> toghether, you have three QName classes in your classpath. It may be OK,
> however, is not a recommended situation.

If they all would be sharing classes, that would definitely be a source for
classloader problems. However, if your proposal in favour of a common jar
file would be accepted, one might remove these classes from the other
projects and be fine.

> I'd like to tell you all that we are now in a transition period of XML and
> Web Services development. If we have JAXB 2.0 and JAX-RPC 2.0 requiring
> JAXP 1.3, all these problems will disappear. Until that time (I guess
> around one year later), I think we should make a good compromise for not
> only ourselves but also users of Apache WS. There's a way to remove the
> conflict and not to cope with Sun's jars even though we have the same ones,
> I believe.

I have no idea of the intended schedule. As long as the projects do not even
have a public specification, I see no need to follow them in advance. Note,
that the final releases will most probably move these classes to other
locations as well.

Jochen