ws-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: WS Commons again
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:26:41 GMT

I am not a big fan a lots of little jar files.

What is the driving motivation for this?  Does it solve a problem users are
having?

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Ias [mailto:iasandcb@tmax.co.kr]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 9:55 AM
To: general@ws.apache.org
Cc: '? ??'
Subject: WS Commons again

As I added myself to
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?WebServicesProjectPages/Charter
ForWSCommons , Here's what I'd like to propose.

1. Sharing javax.xml.namespace.QName
The class is used in most of projects such as Axis, JaxMe and jUDDI.
I suggest making it shared by the projects as a form of a single jar
library, for example, qname.jar.

2. Sharing javax.xml.namespace.XMLConstants and
javax.xml.namespace.NamespaceContext
Those classes are used in JaxMe and EWS, hosted at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ews , and will be widely adopted because it
defines constants which are frequently referenced.
I suggest making it shared by the projects as a form of a single jar
library, for example, namespace.jar

In near future, all these classes are provided by JAXP 1.3 API, but our
necessity is prompt and rather narrower than that of JAXP 1.3. Actually I
once made this proposal to both XML and WS group in Apache, but there has
been neither noticeable agreements nor corresponding moves from XML
commons, so I think WS commons is "The One" for the wish now.

Thanks for your attention and looking forward to your response,

Ias

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, JSR 204 and JSR 222 EG member
Apache Axis (JAX-RPC and SAAJ) and JaxMe (JAXB) committer
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.