ws-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Concerning the publishing of Jars into ASF Repository.
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:07:41 GMT
We are having a great discussion concerning the publishing of jars into
the ASF Repository which evolved from a premature publishing of the
JaxMe Jars into the repository so that they would be available to
efforts of Robert Burrell Donkin to produce a JaxMe taglibrary for
Jelly/Maven. We released the jars into the following location with the
following group id's.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=repository@apache.org&by=thread&from=666419

We(I) realized(was warned/reminded), possibly too late, that this should
have been approved by the WS PMC/PMCC prior to our activities.

The jars are located under:
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/jaxme/jars

which is mirrored to
http://www.ibibilio.org/maven/jaxme/jars

In maven, the groupId/ArtifactId's that map to this directory structure are:

groupId=jaxme

artifactId=jaxme
artifactId=jaxme-api
artifactId=jaxme-js
artifactId=jaxme-pm
artifactId=jaxme-rt
artifactId=jaxme-xs

the current version number in the directory is 0.2

We are currently still working out the policies for the publishing of
jars into the repository and the appropriate documention / tooling to
facilitate the publishing. So this is very much a learning process for
everyone involved.

I would like to ask the WS PMC to please identify if the above actions
we have taken are acceptable. If not, we will yield to whatever the
decision/process you may request.

thanks and sorry if this causes any inconvenience,

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
mdiggory@apache.org