ws-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: RFC: ws-commons
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 00:18:24 GMT
Hi Anil,

> What is the general opinion on using Xerces Schema
> Parser?
> http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/index.html
>
> I know that it does good schema to Java model and not
> vice-versa.

I have no opposition to it at all - the last time I looked at it however
(which was a few years ago though) it was not very good at being used
for data binding type stuff; it was designed strictly for validation.
Has that changed? If so certainly worth looking at it.

Oh from an Axis2 point of view there's another requirement .. we'd
really, *really*, like the schema parser to be implemented using StAX.
Otherwise we'd need to have 2 parsers around :-(.

Is that a wet blanket on JaxMe and XMLBeans too? Well at least if we're
talking to it thru some interfaces then the extra parser can be a part
of a "poor" implementation; we'd just like to have one with no other
baggage however.

Sanjiva.