ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2/Tasks/RSSFeedGenerator" by jananda
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:56:34 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by jananda:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/Tasks/RSSFeedGenerator

  ----RSS-aware programs called news aggregators are popular in the weblogging community.Basically
aggregator is a web service which provides capabilities to the users to handle feeds as their
preference and it displays feeds in a nice way (HTML). Many weblogs make content available
in RSS. A news aggregator can help you keep up with all your favorite weblogs by checking
their RSS feeds and displaying new items from each of them.----

  ==My Project ==
+ ----My project is aimed to integrate these two technologies together to provide better services
to the society such as accessing latest web services as soon as they are available. In my
implementation, when web services are deployed in Axis 2, RSS feeds are generated using deployed
web services data. If someone (Basically an aggregator) is interested in receiving those feeds
he has to subscribe for the service. The subscribers are notified about the latest web services
deployed in Axis 2 using these feeds. Subscribe, unsubscribe, renew, etc all operations are
handled by the service. Also I have decided to create an RSS aggregator which can handle not
only Axis 2 feeds but also others.----

- ----My project is aimed to integrate these two technologies together to provide better services
to the society such as accessing latest web services as soon as they are available. In my
implementation, when web services are deployed in Axis 2, RSS feeds are generated using deployed
web services data. If someone (Basically an aggregator) is interested in receiving those feeds
he has to subscribe for the service. The subscribers are notified about the latest web services
deployed in Axis 2 using these feeds. Subscribe, unsubscribe, renew, etc all operations are
handled by the service. Also I have decided to create an RSS aggregator which can handle not
only Axis 2 feeds but also others.----
+
  ----In my aggregator I have decided to implement it as distributed layered architecture.
It is supposed not only to handle feeds of Axis 2.0 but also other feeds such as mails, news.
In addition my aggregator provides filters to the user. In aggregation part layer it handles
feeds and can provide feeds as serialized java object or raw XML or SOAP messages. In presentation
component layer those should be handled according their preference and present to the users.----