ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode/2005/JMXFront" by ChathuraEkanayake
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:38:34 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by ChathuraEkanayake:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2005/JMXFront

  ##language:en
  == Title ==

+ Mr.

  ==== Name ====

-
+ Chathura C. Ekanayake

  ==== Mentors ====

+ Srinath Perera

  ==== Email ====

+ ccekanayake@gmail.com

  ==== Project Title ====

+ JMX Front for Axis2

  ==== Synopsis ====

+ Apache Axis2 is a java based web service engine that hosts java web services and enables
java clients to access web services. Currently Axis2 is in M2 release and does not have a
JMX interface. My project is to develop a JMX interface for Axis2, which enables administrators
to configure the Axis2 registry using remote management applications through this interface.

  ==== Deliverables ====
@@ -34, +39 @@

  ==== Project Details ====
+
+ Apache Axis2 is a java based web service engine which is currently in its M2 Release. Currently
it does not include JMX support. JMX technology provides a standard way of managing resources
such as applications, devices, and services. This technology also allows integrating applications
with existing network management solutions. Most of the widely used servers support JMX to
allow administrators to configure and monitor the system.
+ My project is to implement a JMX interface for Axis2, which enables administrators to configure
Axis2 registry from this JMX interface. This involves writing MBeans that wraps the Axis2
configuration. These MBeans can be controlled via JMX services. As these MBeans should be
able to control most of the behavior of Axis2, they have to be coupled with the internals
of Axis2. After implementing the MBeans and coupling them with required sections of Axis2
engine, remote management applications can connect to the JMX agent and access the configuration
of Axis2. This can be done using many protocols including HTTP, RMI and SNMP.

@@ -56, +64 @@

  ==== Bio ====

- I am a student on .....
+ I am an undergraduate student at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am in the Computer
Science and Engineering department of the Engineering faculty of the University. I am currently
in my 3rd year of my 4 year engineering degree.
+ I have done many software projects in the university and in the school. I have developed
an online recruitment system for a Swedish based software company in Sri Lanka as my 3rd year
project. I am currently working on a J2ME mobile application project with 4 of my colleagues.
It is a java based automated cab hiring system where users can query and hire cabs using a
J2ME application running on their mobile phones. Server side of this system is done using
J2EE technology where the access to the system is provided via java web services deployed
on Axis engine. I have developed a simulation software to simulate the motion of waves as
my advanced level project in school.
+ My interested areas are web services / distributed systems, operating systems, web / application
servers and software architecture. I have experience in using many open source products by
Apache including Tomcat, Axis1.1, Axis2.