ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode/2005/RSSFeedGenerator" by jananda
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:18:06 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by jananda:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2005/RSSFeedGenerator

  ##language:en
  == Title ==
- Integrate RSS with Apache AXIS2

+  Integrate RSS with Apache AXIS2

  ==== Name ====

- W.D.I.P. Kumara
+  W.D.I.P. Kumara

- N.A.J. Jayamanna
+  N.A.J. Jayamanna

- W.P.S. Sagara
+  W.P.S. Sagara
-
-
-

  ==== Mentors ====

   Ajith Ranabahu (<ajith@apache.org>)

-  Eran Chinthaka (< chinthaka@apache.org>)

  ==== Email ====

@@ -32, +27 @@

   jananda@gmail.com

+ ==== Project Title ====

-
- ==== Project Title ====
   Integrate RSS with Apache AXIS2

-
+ ==== Synopsis ====

-
- ==== Synopsis ====
- Axis 2.0 will be a platform for the next generation of web services and service oriented
applications. Axis2 is an effort to re-design and totally re-implement both Axis/Java and
(eventually) Axis/C++ on a new architecture. The architecture should support all kinds of
MEP's (Message Exchange Patterns). The platform is extensible to accommodate the growing demand
for different WS-* implementations. Axis2 is developing a more flexible pipeline architecture
which can yet be managed and packaged in a more organized manner.
+ Axis 2.0 will be a platform for the next generation of web services and service oriented
applications. Axis2 is an effort to re-design and totally re-implement both Axis/Java and(eventually)
Axis/C++ on a new architecture. The architecture should support all kinds of MEP's (Message
Exchange Patterns). The platform is extensible to accommodate the growing demand for different
WS-* implementations. Axis2 is developing a more flexible pipeline architecture which can
yet be managed and packaged in a more organized manner.

  Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines
and other Web content. Think of it as a distributable "What's New" for a site. Anything that
can be broken down into discrete items can be syndicated via RSS. Once information about each
item is in RSS format, an RSS-aware program can check the feed for changes and react to the
changes in an appropriate way.

  RSS-aware programs called news aggregators are popular in the weblogging community. Many
weblogs make content available in RSS. A news aggregator can help you keep up with all your
favorite weblogs by checking their RSS feeds and displaying new items from each of them.

- My project is aimed to integrate these two technologies together to provide better services
to the society such as accessing latest web services as soon as they are available. In my
implementation, when web services are deployed in Axis 2, RSS feeds are generated using deployed
web services data. If someone (Basically an aggregator) is interested in receiving those feeds
he has to subscribe for the service. The subscribers are notified about the latest web services
deployed in Axis 2 using these feeds. Subscribe, unsubscribe, renew, etc all operations are
handled by the service. Also I have decided to create an RSS aggregator which can handle not
only Axis 2 feeds but also others.
+ Our project is aimed to integrate these two technologies together to provide better services
to the society such as accessing latest web services as soon as they are available. In our
implementation, when web services are deployed in Axis 2, RSS feeds are generated using deployed
web services data. If someone (Basically an aggregator) is interested in receiving those feeds
he has to subscribe for the service. The subscribers are notified about the latest web services
deployed in Axis 2 using these feeds. Subscribe, unsubscribe, renew, etc all operations are
handled by the service. Also we have decided to create an RSS aggregator which can handle
not only Axis 2 feeds but also others.
-

  ==== Deliverables ====

-  1. .....
+  1. RSS feed generator inside Axis2

+  2. RSS Aggregator
-  2. .....
-

  ==== Project Details ====

+ Our project is aimed to provide RSS generator and RSS aggregator for Apache Axis 2. We have
decided to complete it in three steps.

+  * Generation of RSS feeds using deployed web services.
+
+ After Deployind web services in Axis2 we generate rss feeds using those data. An rss feed
will provide useful information about web services such as location of wsdl file, a brief
description about the services and so on.
+
+  * Handling users subscription, unsubscriptions, renew, etc.
+
+ If someone (basically an aggregator) is interested in receiving our feeds he can
+ Subscribe for our service. All the subscription, unsubscription, renew and such operations
are handled according to WS-Addressing, WS-Eventing specifications (By implementing specifications).
All the Message Exchange Patterns comply with Axis 2.
+
+  * Design and Implement the Aggregator.
+
+ Aggregator keeps the collection of feeds (Axis 2 feeds and feeds from other providers) and
provides them to aggregator users in a nice way as their interests. Aggregator can aggregate
feeds from another aggregator also. It enhance the search space hence users can find information
in a vast region. The aggregator updates its feeds once a day (after 24hours). It will provide
a nice interface also.

  ==== Project Plan ====