ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode/2005/guththila" by DineshPremalal
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:32:27 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DineshPremalal:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SummerOfCode/2005/guththila

  ==== Synopsis ====
        *Guththila is a StAX parser which is initiated to use with Axis C++. Advantage of
StAX parser in soap message processing is
-       soap engine could have more control over soap messege processing.
+       soap engine could have more control over soap message processing.
-       We have "Guththila" as seperate parser implementation. It can handle soap messeges
with namespaces and UTF-8 and UTF-16             encodings. Fist we have to Integrate current
parser implementation with Axis C++ and should have some test cases based on presant parser.
+       We have "Guththila" as separate parser implementation. It can handle soap messages
with namespaces and UTF-8 and UTF-16             encodings. Fist we have to Integrate current
parser implementation with Axis C++ and should have some test cases based on present parser.

  In order to start Axis2 C port we should have to have StAX parser in C. In this summer hope
to rewrite Guththila in C and have it as StAX C parser under apache 2.0 licenning

  ==== Deliverables ====

-  1. Integrate Guthtila current Version with axis C++ and make some test cases.
+  1. Integrate Guththila current Version with axis C++ and make some test cases.

   2. Come up with a State machine for Guththila C version

@@ -63, +63 @@

  ==== Project Plan ====

  For this summer I have two different main goals.
-                    1.Integrating Presant parser with Axis C++
+                    1.Integrating Present parser with Axis C++

                     2.Re write Guththila StAX parser in C.

- Integrating Presant parser with Axis C++ will be carried out in two steps, First I need
to implement XMLParser interface with Guththila. That XMLParser interface basically designed
to integrate SAX parsers. Here what I happen to do is interface StAX parser with SAX interface.Then
I need to integrate implemented parser interface with current build. In my sense this will
be a critical task for me. because need to get more things from the axis c++ developers. After
integrating it with axis C++ current build need to have some test cases in order to demonstrate
the scenario.
+ Integrating Present parser with Axis C++ will be carried out in two steps, First I need
to implement XMLParser interface with Guththila. That XMLParser interface basically designed
to integrate SAX parsers. Here what I happen to do is interface StAX parser with SAX interface.Then
I need to integrate implemented parser interface with current build. In my sense this will
be a critical task for me. because need to get more things from the axis c++ developers. After
integrating it with axis C++ current build need to have some test cases in order to demonstrate
the scenario.

- Rewritting Guththila in C will be carried out in major three pahses.
+ Rewriting Guththila in C will be carried out in major three phases.
                      *Developing State machine
                      *Getting namespace support
                      *Getting Encoding support (UTF-8 and UTF-16)

- Though current version of Guththila has stable state machine , need to study on it more
and understand throuly how it works. Then base on it I can come up with a C implementation.
With a stable state machine need to add namespace support and encoding support.
+ Though current version of Guththila has stable state machine , need to study on it more
and understand throughly how it works. Then base on it I can come up with a C implementation.
With a stable state machine need to add namespace support and encoding support.
- since encoding work is something i'm quite familer with hope to concern on more on state
machine and namespace support.
+ since encoding work is something Im quite familer with hope to concern on more on state
machine and namespace support.

@@ -107, +107 @@

  ==== Bio ====

- I'm a student of Department of Computer Science and Engineering , University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka. Now I'm in Level 3. I have worked on "Guththila" project for last four months.
I was working on it to add encoding support. After trying to use several opensource sources
like expat , ICU4C . I lost my way to encoding support. Then decided to do it from scrach.
After getting my hands dirty , I was able to add UTF-8 and UTF-16 support with in month.
+ I'm a student of Department of Computer Science and Engineering , University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka. Now I'm in Level 3. I have worked on "Guththila" project for last four months.
I was working on it to add encoding support.

- I'm a Linux fan and emacs user. I'm sure if you get to use Debian you can't make u'r mind
to use any other OS or Linux distribution and if you get to use emacs you can't make u'r mind
to use any other editor
+ I'm a Linux fan and emacs user. I'm sure if you get to use Debian you can't make you're
mind to use any other OS or Linux distribution and if you get to use emacs you can't make
you're mind to use any other editor