ws-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Problem with WS Commons
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:57:11 GMT
To follow up, turns out I do have the appropriate write permissions. There
was a problem with my configuration. I've committed my fix to XmlSchema.

Lawrence Mandel

Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
12/07/2005 07:36 AM
Please respond to
general

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
general@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: Problem with WS Commons

Lawrence,

All WS folks have write privs to ws-commons. If you are unable to
commit your changes, give me a holler.

Yes, we need to define a process like that. XmlSchema has been
languishing in obscurity for years now it was in the scratch area for
Axis 1.X and only now have we been pushing its use with Axis2 and
Woden.

Website is easy, just like the woden site, you can add contents to svn
(site under https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/) and do a
svn checkout under (/www/ws.apache.org/commons/) on minotaur to
publish it.

Please send me your jira id, i'll make u an admin.

For mailing lists, please open a jira request for infrastrastructure
and follow up with email to infrastructure AT apache.org.

thanks,
dims

On 12/7/05, Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Dims,
>
> Do you know who I should speak to about obtaining write access to that
repository?

> The snapshots are really just head builds. Can we define a process where
more stable builds are declared on a semi-regular basis?

> WRT my other suggestions, once I get a few spare minutes I will look
into creating a WS commons virtual component complete with a site, Jira,
and mailing lists. I'll post back to general@ws once I have a chance to
look into this. If anyone else has time I'd be happy to get some help.

>  Lawrence Mandel
>

>  Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
>
> 12/06/2005 11:02 PM
>
> Please respond to
>  woden-dev
>

> To woden-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> cc general@ws.apache.org
>
> Subject Re: Problem with WS Commons
>

> Lawrence,
>
>  - You should have write access to that repo.
>  - Snapshots are published every 6 hours
>  (http://cvs.apache.org/repository/ws-commons/jars/)
>
>  +1 to do all the things that you mentioned. Please feel free to take
>  ownership of the bits where you can help.
>
>  thanks,
>  dims
>

>  On 12/6/05, Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > I found a problem in XmlSchema which I'd like to fix but found that I
don't
>  > have access to the repository. This lead me to what I think is a
larger
>  > problem with the WS Commons projects. There is no information about
these
>  > projects on the WS site, no bug tracking system, no regular builds,
and no
>  > developers (publically) committed to this code.
>  >
>  > If we're to continue to have WS commons projects I'd like to suggest
that
>  > either these be transformed into WS projects with their own sites,
jira,
>  > etc., or that a page be added to the WS site that explains these
common
>  > projects and provides references to the projects that own these
common
>  > projects. (I'd still like to see public builds of these projects that
other
>  > projects, such as Woden, can depend on.)
>  >
>  > Comments? Is someone already looking into some of these issues? If
I'm way