ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:01:48 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  '''This is NOT a project plan. This is just a tentative list of tasks for discussion on
our next IRC chat on Monday 04/17'''

+
+ == Extensibility API ==
+   This is about improving our extensibility story. We need to simplify the APIs and mechanisms
allowing people to contribute container, binding, and policy extensions to Tuscany.
+
+   * Atomic component implementation extensions - allowing people to extend Tuscany and plug
in additional atomic component implementation types (Java, Javascript, other languages)
+     Replace builder registry list by a system service, separate out the creation of proxy
factories in a separate builder, and adjust the existing extensions to the updated API.
+   * Composite component impl extensions
+     Same idea for composite component implementations
+     Demonstrate the pluggability with a Spring composite implementation type
+   * Protocol binding extensions
+     Should be very similar to the Atomic component implementation extension
+     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
+   * Transport binding extensions - allowing bindings to register with multiple transports
(HTTP, JMS etc.)
+     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
+   * Data binding extensions - we want to support multiple data bindings, SDO, JaxB, ADB
etc, we need an API to allow these data bindings to be plugged in and used in a uniform way.
+     Handle metadata/schema registration, property configuration, serialization
+     Adjust the Axis2 and Celtix bindings to use this
+   * Policy extensions?
+     Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding
+   * Wiring extensions - allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation
chains
+     We don't have this yet, so we need to define the API to contribute wiring extensions
and how the wire builders will invoke them.
+   * Host integration API
+     Required by the WS bindings to install themselves in the host environment, our Tomcat
integration code currently hardcodes the entry point extensions, we need to clean this up
:)

  == Web Services Binding ==
    * Test our current Web Services binding with the SOAP test suites at http://www.whitemesa.net/
and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/, and fix the bugs that they will uncover :)
@@ -16, +39 @@

    * Use the data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
    * Integrate support for WS-RM?

- == Extensibility API ==
-   * Atomic component implementation extensions - allowing people to extend Tuscany and plug
in additional atomic component implementation types (Java, Javascript, other languages)
-     Replace builder registry list by a system service, separate out the creation of proxy
factories in a separate builder, and adjust the existing extensions to the updated API.
-   * Composite component impl extensions
-     Same idea for composite component implementations
-     Demonstrate the pluggability with a Spring composite implementation type
-   * Protocol binding extensions
-     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
-   * Transport binding extensions
-     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
-   * Data binding extensions
-     Handle metadata/schema registration, property configuration, serialization
-     Adjust the Axis2 and Celtix bindings to use this
-   * Policy extensions?
-     Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding
-   * Wiring extensions
-     Allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation chains
-   * Host integration API
-     Required by the WS bindings to install themselves in the host environment
-
  == Container and Binding Extensions ==
    * Java container
    * Javascript container
@@ -45, +48 @@

    * Other bindings / Celtix?

  == Async programming model ==
-   * Async interceptor integrated with Geronimo work manager
+   * Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
-   * Wire extension inserting the interceptor on @OneWay methods
+   * Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @OneWay methods

  == Subsystem level wiring ==
    * Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding
@@ -58, +61 @@

    * OSGI

  == Samples ==
-   * Better structure for the samples and demos
+   * Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
    * Add a few technology samples (async, subsystem wires)
    * Improve bigbank and document it
-   * Other business oriented scenarios / samples?
+   * Contribute other business oriented scenarios / samples?

  == Documentation ==
    * Improve the how-to build / set-up / run samples docs
    * Document how to extend Tuscany
-   * More docs for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit patches etc.)
+   * Add more docs for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit patches etc.)

+ == Misc runtime cleanup ==
+   * Cleanup the Builder registry
+   * Cleanup the WSDL registry
+   * Cleanup the SDO type helper registry

-