ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:31:10 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  == Extensibility API ==
    This is about improving our extensibility story. We need to simplify the APIs and mechanisms
allowing people to contribute container, binding, and policy extensions to Tuscany.

+   * Atomic component implementation extensions
-   * Atomic component implementation extensions - allowing people to extend Tuscany and plug
in additional atomic component implementation types (Java, Javascript, other languages)
+     Allowing people to extend Tuscany and plug in additional atomic component implementation
types (Java, Javascript, other languages).
      Replace builder registry list by a system service, separate out the creation of proxy
factories in a separate builder, and adjust the existing extensions to the updated API.
    * Composite component impl extensions
-     Same idea for composite component implementations
+     Same idea for composite component implementations.
-     Demonstrate the pluggability with a Spring composite implementation type
+     Demonstrate the pluggability with a Spring composite implementation type.
    * Protocol binding extensions
-     Should be very similar to the Atomic component implementation extension
+     Should be very similar to the Atomic component implementation extension.
-     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
+     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings.
+   * Transport binding extensions
-   * Transport binding extensions - allowing bindings to register with multiple transports
(HTTP, JMS etc.)
+     Allowing bindings to register with multiple transports (HTTP, JMS etc).
-     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings
+     Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings.
-   * Data binding extensions - we want to support multiple data bindings, SDO, JaxB, ADB
etc, we need an API to allow these data bindings to be plugged in and used in a uniform way.
+   * Data binding extensions
+     We want to allow multiple data bindings to be plugged into Tuscany, SDO, JaxB, ADB etc.
+     We need an API to allow these data bindings to be plugged in and used in a uniform way.
-     Handle metadata/schema registration, property configuration, serialization
+     Implement support for metadata/schema registration, pluggable property configuration/factories,
and serialization.
-     Adjust the Axis2 and Celtix bindings to use this
    * Policy extensions?
-     Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding
+     Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding.
+   * Wiring extensions
-   * Wiring extensions - allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation
chains
+     Allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation chains.
-     We don't have this yet, so we need to define the API to contribute wiring extensions
and how the wire builders will invoke them.
+     We don't have this yet, so we need to define the API to contribute wiring extensions
and how the wire builders will invoke them.
    * Host integration API
-     Required by the WS bindings to install themselves in the host environment, our Tomcat
integration code currently hardcodes the entry point extensions, we need to clean this up
:)
+     Required by the WS bindings to install themselves in the host environment.
+     Our Tomcat integration code currently hardcodes the entry point extensions, we need
to clean this up :)
+   * Runtime configuration
+     Allow a system administrator to configure the extensions he wants active on a particular
server.

  == Web Services Binding ==
    * Test our current Web Services binding with SOAP test suites and fix the bugs that they
will uncover :)
-      Some pretty complete test suites at http://www.whitemesa.net/ and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/
+     Some pretty complete test suites are available at http://www.whitemesa.net/ and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/.
-   * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex services available on the web
from google, ebay, amazon for example.
+   * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex services available.
+     We should try Web services from google, ebay, amazon for example.
+   * Code cleanup
-   * Code cleanup, we need to improve exception handling, the algorithm to match WSDL operations,
change calls to the assembly model to use the Context API instead.
+     We need to improve exception handling, the algorithm to match WSDL operations, change
calls to the assembly model to use the Context API instead.
    * Port the registration of the WS entry point code to the new host api
    * Port the WS binding implementation to the new protocol and transport binding APIs
    * Use the data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
+   * Integrate a Java2WSDL tool
+     And adjust the BigBank sample at least to use it.
    * Integrate support for WS-RM?

  == Container and Binding Extensions ==
    * Java container
+     What else do we need to do here?
    * Javascript container
+     What do we need to here?
    * Web Services binding / Axis2
+     Already covered above.
+   * Celtix bindings
+     Dan, can you describe what you intend to do here?
    * Jsonrpc binding
+     What do we need to here?
-   * Web Services binding / Celtix
-   * Other bindings / Celtix?

  == Async programming model ==
    * Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
@@ -58, +73 @@

  == Hosts ==
    * Plain J2SE
+     What do we need to do here? Do we have enough docs describing how to set up the TuscanyRuntime?
    * Tomcat
+     Any more work here?
    * OSGI
+     Jim, do you want to add comments to this section?
+
+ == SDO work ==
+   * Complete the following unimplemented methods:
+     DataObject.getChangeSummary()
+     ChangeSummary.isModified()
+     ChangeSummary.getOldSequence()
+     ChangeSummary.undoChanges()
+     ChangeSummary.getChangedObjects()
+     ChangeSummary.getRootObject()
+   * define SDO types dynamically (programmatically) - i.e., implement the 	TypeHelper.define()
method
+   * make JavaGenerator generate code patterns without EMF dependencies
+   * make JavaGenerator mangle names if generated code would otherwise not compile
+   * provide an SDO metadata configuration model so that static and dynamic models can be
preregistered
+   * Integrate the Java2SDO generator we currently have in the sandbox?

  == Samples ==
    * Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
+     Discussion started on the dev list for this
    * Add a few technology samples (async, subsystem wires)
+   * Add a good SDO sample
    * Improve bigbank and document it
    * Contribute other business oriented scenarios / samples?
+     Any ideas? and volunteers :)

  == Documentation ==
    * Improve the how-to build / set-up / run samples docs