ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:50:19 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  = Tasks for our May release =

- Here is a tentative list of tasks for our first May release.
+ Here is a tentative list of tasks for our first May release. I may have missed some items,
please feel free to edit and add to it.

  '''This is NOT a project plan. This is just a tentative list of tasks for discussion on
our next IRC chat on Monday 04/17'''

@@ -37, +37 @@

    * Runtime configuration
      Allow a system administrator to configure the extensions he wants active on a particular
server.

+ == Container and Binding Extensions ==
+   * Java container
+     What else do we need to do here?
+   * Javascript container
+     What do we need to here?
+   * Web Services binding / Axis2
+     Detailed in the Web Services binding section below.
+   * Celtix bindings
+     Dan, can you describe what you're planning to do here?
+   * Jsonrpc binding
+     What do we need to here?
+
  == Web Services Binding ==
-   * Test our current Web Services binding with SOAP test suites and fix the bugs that they
will uncover :)
+   * Test our current Web Services binding / Axis2 with SOAP test suites and fix the bugs
that they will uncover :)
      Some pretty complete test suites are available at http://www.whitemesa.net/ and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/.
-   * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex services available.
+   * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex web services.
      We should try Web services from google, ebay, amazon for example.
+   * Test doc-lit and doc-lit-wrapped, and combinations with one or more inlined or imported
XSDs.
    * Code cleanup
      We need to improve exception handling, the algorithm to match WSDL operations, change
calls to the assembly model to use the Context API instead.
    * Port the registration of the WS entry point code to the new host api
    * Port the WS binding implementation to the new protocol and transport binding APIs
    * Use the data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
    * Integrate a Java2WSDL tool
-     And adjust the BigBank sample at least to use it.
+     And adjust the Bigbank sample at least to use it.
    * Integrate support for WS-RM?
-
- == Container and Binding Extensions ==
-   * Java container
-     What else do we need to do here?
-   * Javascript container
-     What do we need to here?
-   * Web Services binding / Axis2
-     Already covered above.
-   * Celtix bindings
-     Dan, can you describe what you intend to do here?
-   * Jsonrpc binding
-     What do we need to here?

  == Async programming model ==
    * Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
-   * Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @OneWay methods
+   * Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @One``Way methods

  == Subsystem level wiring ==
    * Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding
@@ -73, +74 @@

  == Hosts ==
    * Plain J2SE
-     What do we need to do here? Do we have enough docs describing how to set up the TuscanyRuntime?
+     What do we need to do here? Do we have enough docs describing how to set up the Tuscany``Runtime?
    * Tomcat
      Any more work here?
    * OSGI
@@ -81, +82 @@

  == SDO work ==
    * Complete the following unimplemented methods:
-     DataObject.getChangeSummary()
+     Data``Object.getChangeSummary()
-     ChangeSummary.isModified()
+     Change``Summary.isModified()
-     ChangeSummary.getOldSequence()
+     Change``Summary.getOldSequence()
-     ChangeSummary.undoChanges()
+     Change``Summary.undoChanges()
-     ChangeSummary.getChangedObjects()
+     Change``Summary.getChangedObjects()
-     ChangeSummary.getRootObject()
+     Change``Summary.getRootObject()
-   * define SDO types dynamically (programmatically) - i.e., implement the 	TypeHelper.define()
method
+   * define SDO types dynamically (programmatically) - i.e., implement the Type``Helper.define()
method
-   * make JavaGenerator generate code patterns without EMF dependencies
+   * make Java``Generator generate code patterns without EMF dependencies
-   * make JavaGenerator mangle names if generated code would otherwise not compile
+   * make Java``Generator mangle names if generated code would otherwise not compile
    * provide an SDO metadata configuration model so that static and dynamic models can be
preregistered
-   * Integrate the Java2SDO generator we currently have in the sandbox?
+   * Integrate the Java``2SDO generator we currently have in the sandbox?

  == Samples ==
    * Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
@@ -112, +113 @@

    * Cleanup the WSDL registry
    * Cleanup the SDO type helper registry

+ == JIRA issues ==
+   We just hit the bar of 100 open/not-resolved issues today, it might be a good idea to
start fixing some of those :)
+