ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:31:22 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  Here is a tentative list of tasks for our first May release. I may have missed some items,
please feel free to edit and add...

- '''This is NOT a project plan. This is just a tentative list of tasks for discussion on
our next IRC chat on Monday 04/17 8:30am PST'''
+ '''This is NOT a project plan. This is just a tentative list of tasks for discussion on
our next IRC chat on Tuesday 04/18 12:00pm PST'''
+
+
+ Please don't hesitate to volunteer and add your name to the task you want to work on...
+
+ Legend:
+ '''[IN]''': We've reached a consensus that we want to do this work for our May release.
+ '''[OUT]''': We're not going to work on this for our May release.

  == Extensibility API ==
    This is about improving our extensibility story. We need to simplify the APIs and mechanisms
allowing people to contribute container, binding, and policy extensions to Tuscany.
-
+   '''Volunteers: Jim/Jeremy, tentative date week of April 24th'''
+
-   * Atomic component implementation extensions
+   * '''[IN]''' Atomic component implementation extensions
      Allowing people to extend Tuscany and plug in additional atomic component implementation
types (Java, Javascript, other languages).
      Replace builder registry list by a system service, separate out the creation of proxy
factories in a separate builder, and adjust the existing extensions to the updated API.
-   * Composite component impl extensions
+   * '''[IN]''' Composite component impl extensions
      Same idea for composite component implementations.
      Demonstrate the pluggability with a Spring composite implementation type.
-   * Protocol binding extensions
+   * '''[IN]''' Protocol binding extensions
      Should be very similar to the Atomic component implementation extension.
      Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings.
-   * Transport binding extensions
+   * '''[IN]''' Transport binding extensions
      Allowing bindings to register with multiple transports (HTTP, JMS etc).
      Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings.
    * Data binding extensions
@@ -28, +36 @@

      Implement support for metadata/schema registration, pluggable property configuration/factories,
and serialization.
    * Policy extensions?
      Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding.
-   * Wiring extensions
+   * '''[IN]''' Wiring extensions
      Allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation chains.
      We don't have this yet, so we need to define the API to contribute wiring extensions
and how the wire builders will invoke them.
-   * Host integration API
+   * '''[IN]''' Host integration API
      Required by the WS bindings to install themselves in the host environment.
      Our Tomcat integration code currently hardcodes the entry point extensions, we need
to clean this up :)
    * Runtime configuration
      Allow a system administrator to configure the extensions he wants active on a particular
server.

  == Container and Binding Extensions ==
-   * Java container
+   * '''[IN]''' Java container
      What else do we need to do here?
    * Javascript container
      What do we need to here?
-   * Web Services binding / Axis2
+   * '''[IN]''' Web Services binding / Axis2
      Detailed in the Web Services binding section below.
-   * Celtix bindings
+   * '''[IN]''' Celtix bindings
      Dan, can you describe what you're planning to do here?
    * Jsonrpc binding
      What do we need to here?
@@ -53, +61 @@

    * Test our current Web Services binding / Axis2 with SOAP test suites and fix the bugs
that they will uncover :)
      Some pretty complete test suites are available at http://www.whitemesa.net/ and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/.
    * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex web services.
-     We should try Web services from google, ebay, amazon for example.
+     We should try Web services from Google, eBay, Amazon for example.
    * Test doc-lit and doc-lit-wrapped, and combinations with one or more inlined or imported
XSDs.
    * Code cleanup
      We need to improve exception handling, the algorithm to match WSDL operations, change
calls to the assembly model to use the Context API instead.
@@ -65, +73 @@

    * Integrate support for WS-RM?

  == Async programming model ==
+   '''Volunteers: Sebastien, tentative date for async interceptor April 21st, integration
depends on availability of wire extensibility mechanism.'''
+
    * Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
    * Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @One``Way methods

  == Subsystem level wiring ==
    * Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding
    * Demonstrate in a new sample
+
+ == Nightly builds and Distribution ==
+   '''Volunteers: Raymond, tentative date?'''
+
+   * Set up continuum for regular builds
+   * Create a distribution
+   * Publish jars and distribution

  == Hosts ==
    * Plain J2SE
@@ -108, +125 @@

  == Documentation ==
    * Improve the how-to build / set-up / run samples docs
+     '''Volunteers: Sebastien, steps to set up and build on Wiki, tentative date April 21st.'''
+
    * Document how to extend Tuscany
    * Add more docs for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit patches etc.)

@@ -117, +136 @@

    * Cleanup the SDO type helper registry

  == JIRA issues... ==
-   We just hit the bar of 100 issues in open state today, it might be a good idea to start
fixing some of those :)
+   We are now over '''100 outstanding JIRA issues''', it might be a good idea to start fixing
some of those :)