ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:58:36 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

    * '''[IN]''' Transport binding extensions
      Allowing bindings to register with multiple transports (HTTP, JMS etc).
      Used by the Axis2, Celtix and Jsonrpc bindings.
-   * '''[IN] resolving the problem is in, no consensus on how we resolve it''' Data binding
extensions
+   * '''[IN resolving the problem is in, no consensus on how we resolve it]''' Data binding
extensions
      We want to allow multiple data bindings to be plugged into Tuscany, SDO, JaxB, ADB etc.
      We need an API to allow these data bindings to be plugged in and used in a uniform way.
      Implement support for metadata/schema registration, pluggable property configuration/factories,
and serialization.
    * '''[OUT]''' Policy extensions
      Start with a simple Reliability policy extension, which may be used by the WS binding.
-   * '''[IN]''' Wiring extensions
+   * '''[IN experimental/alpha, no or little doc]''' Wiring extensions
      Allowing additional interceptors to be contributed to the invocation chains.
      We don't have this yet, so we need to define the API to contribute wiring extensions
and how the wire builders will invoke them.
    * '''[IN]''' Host integration API
@@ -49, +49 @@

  == Container and Binding Extensions ==
    * '''[IN]''' Java container
      What else do we need to do here?
-   * Javascript container
+   * '''[IN]''' Javascript container
-     What do we need to here?
+     What do we need to do here?
    * '''[IN]''' Web Services binding / Axis2
      Detailed in the Web Services binding section below.
    * '''[IN]''' Celtix bindings
      Dan, can you describe what you're planning to do here?
-   * Jsonrpc binding
+   * '''[IN experimental and incomplete for now, discussion not closed we will revisit before
the release]''' Jsonrpc binding
-     What do we need to here?
+     What do we need to do here?

  == Web Services Binding ==
+   '''Volunteers: Ant, Sebastien part time, Raymond part time'''
+
-   * Test our current Web Services binding / Axis2 with SOAP test suites and fix the bugs
that they will uncover :)
+   * '''[IN]''' Test our current Web Services binding / Axis2 with SOAP test suites and fix
the bugs that they will uncover :)
      Some pretty complete test suites are available at http://www.whitemesa.net/ and http://www.mssoapinterop.org/.
-   * Develop additional test cases talking to more complex web services.
+   * '''[IN need to find other web services, the ones listed here are mostly RPC/encoded]'''
Develop additional test cases talking to more complex web services.
      We should try Web services from Google, eBay, Amazon for example.
-   * Test doc-lit and doc-lit-wrapped, and combinations with one or more inlined or imported
XSDs.
+   * '''[IN]''' Test doc-lit and doc-lit-wrapped, and combinations with one or more inlined
or imported XSDs.
-   * Code cleanup
+   * '''[IN]''' Code cleanup
      We need to improve exception handling, the algorithm to match WSDL operations, change
calls to the assembly model to use the Context API instead.
-   * Port the registration of the WS entry point code to the new host api
+   * '''[IN]''' Port the registration of the WS entry point code to the new host api
-   * Port the WS binding implementation to the new protocol and transport binding APIs
+   * '''[IN]''' Port the WS binding implementation to the new protocol and transport binding
APIs
-   * Use the data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
+   * '''[not closed? databinding discussion is not closed, assume OUT for now?]''' Use the
data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
-   * Integrate a Java2WSDL tool
+   * '''[IN]''' Integrate a Java2WSDL tool
-     And adjust the Bigbank sample at least to use it.
+     '''[IN if somebody, Rick? volunteers to do this]''' And adjust the Bigbank sample at
least to use it.
-   * Integrate support for WS-RM?
+   * '''[OUT]''' Integrate support for WS-RM?

  == Async programming model ==
    '''Volunteers: Sebastien, tentative date for async interceptor April 21st, integration
depends on availability of wire extensibility mechanism.'''

-   * Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
+   * '''[IN]''' Develop an Async interceptor and integrate it with the Geronimo work manager
-   * Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @One``Way methods
+   * '''[IN]''' Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @One``Way
methods

  == Subsystem level wiring ==
    * Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding