ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:12:01 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  == Container and Binding Extensions ==
    * '''[IN]''' Java container
-     What else do we need to do here?
+     '''Jim/Jeremy''' what else do we need to do here?
    * '''[IN]''' Javascript container
-     What do we need to do here?
+     '''Ant''' what do we need to do here?
    * '''[IN]''' Web Services binding / Axis2
      Detailed in the Web Services binding section below.
    * '''[IN]''' Celtix bindings
-     Dan, can you describe what you're planning to do here?
+     '''Dan''' can you describe what you're planning to do here?
    * '''[IN experimental and incomplete for now, discussion not closed we will revisit before
the release]''' Jsonrpc binding
-     What do we need to do here?
+     '''Ant''' what do we need to do here?

  == Web Services Binding ==
    '''Volunteers: Ant, Sebastien part time, Raymond part time'''
@@ -82, +82 @@

    * '''[IN]''' Integrate as a wire extension to get the interceptor inserted on @One``Way
methods

  == Subsystem level wiring ==
-   * Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding
+   * '''[OUT]''' Integrate subsystem level wiring with Web Service binding
-   * Demonstrate in a new sample
+   * '''[OUT]''' Demonstrate in a new sample

  == Nightly builds and Distribution ==
-   '''Volunteers: Raymond, tentative date?'''
+   '''Volunteers: Raymond, Jeremy, tentative date?'''

    * '''[IN]''' Set up continuum for regular builds
    * '''[IN]''' Create a distribution
+     Consensus to include a pre-configured Tomcat in the distribution.
    * '''[IN]''' Publish jars and distribution

  == Hosts ==
    * '''[IN]''' Plain J2SE
      What do we need to do here? Do we have enough docs describing how to set up the Tuscany``Runtime?
-   * Tomcat
-     Any more work here?
-   * OSGI
-     Jim, do you want to add comments to this section?
+   * '''[IN]''' Tomcat
+     We would like to drop drop the Tomcat shallow integration (Tuscany JARs packaged with
the Web apps) for this release. Will start this discussion on the dev list.
+     We will support the Tomcat deep integration (Tuscany runtime integrated with a custom
Tomcat Host implementation).
+   * '''[OUT]''' OSGI
+     '''Jim''' can you please add a description of this work?

  == SDO work ==
    * Complete the following unimplemented methods:
@@ -113, +115 @@

    * make Java``Generator mangle names if generated code would otherwise not compile
    * provide an SDO metadata configuration model so that static and dynamic models can be
preregistered
    * Integrate the Java``2SDO generator we currently have in the sandbox?
+   * Document the SDO programming model supported by this release (a tutorial doc easier
to read than the spec)?

  == DAS work ==
     * Convert to SDO APIs for dynamic type creation (JIRA-156)
@@ -120, +123 @@

     * Some refactoring of the implementation classes

  == Samples ==
-   * Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
+   * '''[IN] consensus to improve the structure, but no consensus yet on how to improve it'''
Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
      Discussion started on the dev list for this
-   * Add a few technology samples (async, subsystem wires)
+   * '''[IN]''' Add a few technology samples
+     async non-blocking invocation
+       '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
+     create an SDO in an SCA component without using .INSTANCE
+     usage of static and dynamic SDO
+     import of XML schema in SCDL
+       '''Volunteers: Jeremy'''
+     one or two Javascript samples
+       '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
    * Add a good SDO sample
-   * Improve bigbank and document it
+   * '''[IN]''' Improve bigbank and document it
+       '''Volunteers: Rick'''
-   * Contribute other business oriented scenarios / samples?
+   * '''[OUT]''' Contribute other business oriented scenarios / samples?
-     Any ideas? and volunteers :)

  == Documentation ==
    * Improve the how-to build / set-up / run samples docs
-     '''Volunteers: Sebastien, steps to set up and build on Wiki, tentative date April 21st.'''
+     '''Volunteers: Sebastien, will put steps to set up and build on Wiki, tentative date
April 21st.'''
-
+   * '''[IN]''' Document the SCA programming model supported by this release (a tutorial
doc easier to read than the spec)
+     '''Volunteers: Haleh with technical input from Jim, this is going to be a lot of work,
any other volunteers?'''
    * Document how to extend Tuscany
+     '''Volunteers: Jeremy, already started on the Wiki'''
-   * Add more docs for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit patches etc.)
+   * Add more documentation for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit patches etc.)
+     '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
+   * Document the architecture and design of the Tuscany runtime?

  == Misc runtime cleanup ==
    * Cleanup the Builder registry