ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/Tasks" by JeanSebastienDelfino
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:50:09 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JeanSebastienDelfino:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/Tasks

  '''[IN]''': We've reached a consensus that we want to do this work for our May release.
  '''[OUT]''': We're not going to work on this for our May release.

+
+ == Outstanding JIRA issues ==
+   We are now over '''100 outstanding JIRA issues''', it might be a good idea to start fixing
some of those :)
+   [[BR]]
+
+   * '''[http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310210&priority=1&resolution=-1
Blockers]'''
+   * '''[http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310210&priority=2&resolution=-1
Critical]'''
+   * '''[http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310210&priority=3&resolution=-1
Major]'''
+
+ ==  Hot JIRA issues discussed on the last IRC ==
+   * [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-123 TUSCANY-123] - Blocking any testing
of externalServices
+     '''Jim''' working on a fix
+   * [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-178 TUSCANY-178] - Blocking most Web Services
scenarios
+     '''Rick''' working with the SDO group, when shared name mangling algorithm in place,
will create a sub-issue for '''Sebastien''' to integrate
+   * [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-141 TUSCANY-141] - Support for <interface.wsdl>
is broken
+     Need '''Jeremy''' to complete WSDL registry integration
+   * [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-195 TUSCANY-195] - Cannot use SDO static
types with Web Services
+     Need '''Frank and Jeremy''' to provide SDO metadata registration capability

  == Extensibility API ==
    This is about improving our extensibility story. We need to simplify the APIs and mechanisms
allowing people to contribute container, binding, and policy extensions to Tuscany.
@@ -71, +89 @@

    * '''[IN]''' Port the registration of the WS entry point code to the new host api
    * '''[IN]''' Port the WS binding implementation to the new protocol and transport binding
APIs
    * '''[not closed? databinding discussion is not closed, assume OUT for now?]''' Use the
data binding API instead of hardcoding the use of SDO
-   * '''[IN]''' Integrate a Java2WSDL tool
+   * '''[IN]''' Integrate Java2WSDL tool
-     '''[IN if somebody, Rick? volunteers to do this]''' And adjust the Bigbank sample at
least to use it.
+   * '''[IN]''' Adjust the Bigbank sample to use the Java2WSDL tool.
+     '''Volunteers: Rick'''
    * '''[OUT]''' Integrate support for WS-RM?

  == Async programming model ==
@@ -126, +145 @@

    * '''[IN consensus to improve the structure, but no consensus yet on how to improve it]'''
Improve the project structure for the samples and demos
      Discussion started on the dev list for this, need to continue and close it
    * '''[IN]''' Add a few technology samples
+     * async non-blocking invocation, '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
-     async non-blocking invocation
-       '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
-     create an SDO in an SCA component without using .INSTANCE
+     * create an SDO in an SCA component without using .INSTANCE
-     usage of static and dynamic SDO
+     * usage of static and dynamic SDO
+     * import of XML schema in SCDL, '''Volunteers: Jeremy'''
+     * one or two Javascript samples, '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
-     import of XML schema in SCDL
-       '''Volunteers: Jeremy'''
-     one or two Javascript samples
-       '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
    * Add a good SDO sample
-   * '''[IN]''' Improve bigbank and document it
+   * '''[IN]''' Improve bigbank and document it, '''Volunteers: Rick'''
-       '''Volunteers: Rick'''
    * '''[OUT]''' Contribute other business oriented scenarios / samples?

  == Documentation ==
    * '''[IN]''' Improve the how-to build / set-up / run samples docs
      '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
-     First cut of docs posted on the Tuscany Wiki, instructions available for [wiki:Self/Tuscany/GetTuscany/Linux
Linux] and [wiki:Self/Tuscany/GetTuscany/WinXP Windows].
+     First cut of docs posted on the Wiki, instructions available for [wiki:Self/Tuscany/GetTuscany/Linux
Linux] and [wiki:Self/Tuscany/GetTuscany/WinXP Windows].
    * '''[IN]''' Document the SCA programming model supported by this release (a tutorial
doc easier to read than the spec)
      '''Volunteers: Haleh with technical input from Jim, this is going to be a lot of work,
any other volunteers?'''
    * '''[IN]''' Document how to extend Tuscany
-     '''Volunteers: Jeremy, already started on the Wiki'''
+     '''Volunteers: Jeremy/Jim, already started on Wiki'''
-   * '''[IN]''' Add more documentation for contributors (coding guidelines, how to submit
patches etc.)
-     '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
+   * '''[IN]''' Add more documentation for contributors
+     * coding guidelines, '''Volunteers: Jim, Sebastien'''
+     * exception handling, '''Volunteers: Jim'''
+     * test cases, '''Volunteers: Jim'''
+     * logging, '''Volunteers: Jeremy'''
+     * how to submit patches, '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
+     * values/rules of engagement for committers
    * '''[IN]''' Document the architecture and design of the Tuscany runtime?
+     * core runtime, '''Volunteers: Jim/Jeremy'''
+     * assembly model, '''Volunteers: Sebastien'''
+     * axis binding, '''Volunteers: Ant'''
+     * java container, '''Volunteers: Jim'''
+     * javascript and jsonrpc, '''Volunteers: Ant'''

  == Misc runtime cleanup ==
+   '''Volunteers: Jim/Jeremy'''
    * '''[IN already partially implemented]''' Cleanup the Builder registry
    * '''[IN already partially implemented]''' Cleanup the WSDL registry
-   * Cleanup the SDO type helper registry
+   * '''[IN]''' Cleanup the SDO type helper registry

-
-   '''Outstanding issues:''' [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310210&priority=1&resolution=-1