ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Trivial Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DataMediation" by edslattery
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 09:25:26 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by edslattery:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DataMediation

New page:
Hi,

I think I have an interesting picture for this topic.

1) The data transformation capabilities for various databindings can be
nicely modeled as a weighted, directed graph with the following rules.
(Illustrated in the attached diagram. attachment:databindings_graph.jpg).

* Each databinding is mapped to a vertex.

* If databinding A can be transformed to databinding B, then an edge will
be added from vertex A to vertex B.

* The weight of the edge is the cost of the transformation from the source
to the sink.

2) In the data mediator/interceptor on the wire, if we find out that the
data needs to be transformed from databinding A to databinding E. Then we
can apply Dijkstra's Shortest Path Algorithm to the graph and figure the
most performed path. It can be A-->E, or A-->C-->E depending on the weights.
If no path can be found, then the data cannot be mediated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Raymond