ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Design/SDO/ChangeSummary" by KelvinGoodson
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:35:09 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KelvinGoodson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Design/SDO/ChangeSummary

  = ChangeSummary Design Jottings =

  A place to hold thoughts about how to make ChangeSummary work as DataObject properties rather
than being constrained to properties of DataGraphs.
+
+ == Spec Constraints ==
+ A Type for a DataObject '''has a Property''' for containing a ChangeSummary.  I.e. would
expect to see the Property in the Type.getProperties() call.
+
+ == Queries ==
+  * I don't suppose this is the case,  but just to clarify, if a Type is open and a ChangeSummary
instance is attached to  an instance my assumption is that this would not trigger change recording
activity.

  == Existing Patterns ==
  === The "mixed" approach ===
@@ -39, +45 @@

      * create new attribute with
    * change getter behaviour on DataObject to look for CS on DO
     * ? have BasicExtendedMetaData method similar to getContentKind which looks for annotation
on EClass that changeSummary attribute present is true/false
-    * cycle over attributes, checking for getFeatureKind(eAttribute) == ExtendedMetaData.CHANGESUMMARY_FEATURE

+    * cycle over attributes, checking for getFeatureKind(eAttribute) == ExtendedMetaData.CHANGESUMMARY_FEATURE

+    * '''hmmmm,  I'm not sure I like this,  it's not high perfomance,  but it is consistent.
 What's the overhead?  Should I have an instance member on the Type?  Should I maintain both,
and cache the Property value in the type when found?
    * enumerate and guard new state invariants on runtime model
     *
     *