ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Design/SDO/ChangeSummary" by KelvinGoodson
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:14:09 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KelvinGoodson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Design/SDO/ChangeSummary

    * Answer, p. 94 shows special defaulting behaviour of XSD to SDO mapping, readOnly=true.
   * The existing Tuscany source file for ChangeSummaryImpl is generated, but I can't find
an xsd for it.  It inherits from the EMF ChangeDescriptionImpl.  The Tuscany class has methods
associated with getting the DataGraph etc.  These could return null if the instance isnt associated
with a DataGraph,  but this seems unclean.  I think it would be best to generate an intermediate
abstract class that supports the common aspedcts of the two scenarios (DataGraph and DataObject)
and then derive from them.  For this it would be good (necessary?) to go back to the xsd that
was used orignally to generate ChangeSummaryImpl,  but I can't find that.
    * An issue with having two kinds of ChangeSummary might arise with SDOFactory and its
getChangeSummary() method (which returns an EClass).  Presumably the return type of this method
is an EClass that has an instance class which is a concrete class bein the '''one''' class
that we use to implement ChangeSummary,  so if that's the case then that would have to be
dealt with.
+   * '''Further thoughts on above''' I think the above is misguided,  since the ChangeSummary
'' interface'' is already dual purpose -- no choices!!

  == Existing Patterns ==
  === The "mixed" approach ===