ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DataMediation" by RaymondFeng
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:56:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RaymondFeng:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/DataMediation

  ## page was renamed from Tuscany/DataMediation
  Hi,

- I think I have an interesting picture for this topic.
+ I created a prototype to demonstrate how we can support multiple databindings and transform
data accross them. The initial drop contains some basic transformer implementations for the
following databindings:
+
+ Prototype: attachment:tuscany-databinding.zip
+
+ 1) XML String
+
+ 2) DOM Node
+
+ 3) StAX XMLStreamReader
+
+ 4) SDO DataObject/XMLDocument
+
+ 5) XMLBeans XmlObject
+
+ 6) JAXB Object
+
+ It also comes a test case which shows the following transformation via multiple hops:
+
+ 1) XMLBeans --> SDO
+
+ 2) SDO --> DOM
+
+ 3) SDO --> JAXB
+
+ The transformers are registered and selected using the following algorithm.

  1) The data transformation capabilities for various databindings can be
  nicely modeled as a weighted, directed graph with the following rules.
@@ -25, +49 @@

  most performed path. It can be A-->E, or A-->C-->E depending on the weights.
  If no path can be found, then the data cannot be mediated.

- Prototype:
-

  Any thoughts?