ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyCpp/DesignNotes" by GeoffWinn
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:20:57 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by GeoffWinn:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyCpp/DesignNotes

  stdcxx is an implementation of the C++ Standard Library provided by Apache. The website
is at http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/.

- To build SDO using stdcxx rather than the native C++ library on Windows, the following modifications
to the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 build environment are necessary. We assume that a
source extract of stdcxx is already available in a directory called C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3
(based on the version number of the current release at the time of writing). We also assume
that debug and release versions of this library have been built in directories called C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3\Debug
and C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3\Release. The process for building these is described later.
+ To build SDO using stdcxx rather than the native C++ library on Windows, the following modifications
to the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 build environment are necessary. We assume that a
source extract of stdcxx is already available in a directory called C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3
(based on the version number of the current release at the time of writing). We also assume
that debug and release versions of this library have been built in directories called C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3\Debug
and C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3\Release. The process for building these is described here attachment:HowToBuildStdcxxForTuscanySDO.txt

  1. Define an environment variable, STDCXX_HOME to identify the root of the source extract
tree ie C:\Tuscany\stdcxx-4.1.3