ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/M2Tasks" by Venkatakrishnan
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:49:32 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by Venkatakrishnan:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/M2Tasks

  === Release Items (status) ===
  This section categorize the various release items and working status of each.

- ==== Specs ====
-     * SNAPSHOTs have been posted to the Apache repo.
-
-     ''Q: are there any changes to SDO pending? Are we happy with the version there?''
-         * ''Frank Budinsky : ''The SDO api changes were committed in revision 442403. I
think that may be after the snapshot was taken. On the dependencies issue, we need to upgrade
EMF to the 2.2.1 release
- version. I believe that it's going to be published this week.

  ==== SCA Kernel (core) ====
+   '''Features & Working Status'''
+     ''1. Classloader Isolation ''
-     * ClassLoading changes: basic hierarchy in place, still need multi- parent support
+       * ClassLoading changes: basic hierarchy in place, still need multi- parent support
+
+     ''2. Component Properties Loading (Simple & Complex)''
+       * Simple properties
+         * Complete
+       * Complex properties not supported.
+         * Data Transformation issues pending against support for complex properties (<should
quote JIRAs here>)
+       * Support for XPath in progress.
+         * Issues related to empty wrapper element around property documents <quote JIRAs>

-     ''Q:is anyone doing this, do we need it?  ''
+
+     ''3. Integration of databinding framework
+       * Complete as an extension, needs to migrate to kernel which means more tests are
needed
+
+     ''4. Async callbacks
+       * <scenario 1>
+         * <status>
+       * <scenario 2>
+         * <status>
+
+     ''4. Transitive dependency support
+       * <scenario 1>
+         * <status>
+       * <scenario 2>
+         * <status>

-     * Integration of databinding framework: complete as an extension, needs to migrate to
kernel which means more tests are needed
-
-     ''Q: who is doing this?''
-         * ''Raymond Feng : ''The test coverage for two key packages in databinding-framework
has surpassed 62.5%. I'm planning to add more for the transformers which transforms data accross
XML parsing technologies and I/O sources/results.
-
-     * Async callbacks: assuming this is complete
-         * ''Ignacio Silva-Lepe : ''For async callbacks, your assumption is basically correct.
The only item that needs to be verified is ws/axis2 callbacks. The code is there as are a
couple of preliminary test cases. But in order to perform more rigorous testing there was
a dependency on the databinding framework that Raymond was working on. Now that Raymond's
databinding work seems to be complete the testing can proceed. Unfortunately, at the moment
I don't have the bandwidth to do this testing. It would be nice if people like Raymond or
Ant could do some of this work if it really needs to be done before next week. Otherwise I
can work on it when I get back.
-
-     * Complex properties: DOM model for defaults but not values, still need xpath support
and to integrate with databinding framework
-
-     ''Q: Venkat are you working on this?''
-         * ''Raymond Feng : ''I'll work with Venkat on this.
-         * ''Venkat : ''Will work on this with Raymond's help.
-     ''Updates''
-         * ''(Venkat - Oct 8th)'' : Raymond and I have completed support for simple properties.
 Ant, Raymond and I have tested this to be working from the Java, JavaScript and RubyScript
containers.  Support for complex properties has some issues to be addressed.  Expecting community
inputs on whether complex properties should be a part of M2.
-
-     * Transitive dependency support: first cut repo provided by Meeraj, need to integrate
with hosts, need to add support for using this in <include> and <implementation.composite>
-
  ==== Baseline extensions ====
      * idl.wsdl: supported with wsdlLocation, no support yet via registry -

@@ -182, +182 @@

      * Website - are we generally happy with the site? is anyone planning on working to update
the site for M2 content?
          *''Venkat : ''Will look up the website and check for things to be done and the help
in getting that up.

+ ==== Specs ====
+     '''Targeted Features'''