ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples" by KelvinGoodson
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:20:24 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KelvinGoodson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples

  === general points ===
  Tuscany currently expects all test case classes to end with "TestCase"
+
- We don't use the INSTANCE singletons wherever possible,  sionce they can cause cross test
interference
+ In Tuscany, we don't use the INSTANCE singletons in tests wherever possible,  since they
can cause cross test interference
  especially when using maven,  since maven builds an ubertest,  and so there is more scope
for one
  test changing the state of an instance prior to running another.
+
+ We should consider the use of suites of tests in our test architecture
+

  === DataObjectListTestCase ===

+ It would be good to discuss the intentions of the createTestObjectTypes method.
+ It highligts some conventions we could adopt in type/property naming, to keep thiongs clear,
 and I'm
+ not sure what's there is what was intended.
+
- Frank looked at this on 26th October and putt a note on Tuscany-829.
+ Frank looked at this on 26th October and put a note on Tuscany-829.

  Out of 23 tests, 2 end in error and 3 in failure.

@@ -44, +52 @@

  I've opened http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-887 to deal with this.

+ The same issue gives rise to the errors to be found in methods
+  * testIsEmpty
+  * testSetIndexObject

- {{{
- 2. RogueWave seems to allow a Type to be modified (i.e., properties added) after calling
TypeHelper.define(). This may be ambiguous in the spec, but the intent is to not allow this
- because in general this can cause all kinds of problems, especially if instances have already
been created. I suggest fixing this one in the test case - in createTestObjectTypes(), move
the call to types.define(newType) after the product2 property is created/initialized.
- }}}

  Tuscany issue --
  adding null to a list
@@ -84, +92 @@

  	at com.roguewave.rwsf.sdo.DataObjectListTestCase.testSubList(DataObjectListTestCase.java:465)
  }}}

-