ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples" by KelvinGoodson
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:31:02 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KelvinGoodson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples

  test changing the state of an instance prior to running another.

  We should consider the use of suites of tests in our test architecture
+
+ We can use TestHelper as a prototype for abstracting away common operations -- I have made
a first pass at this.
+
+ We must identify and separate implementation specific tests, such as  testGetAttribute()'s
method.
+ {{{
+     // ensure we default to caching on
+     assertEquals(((XMLDocumentImpl)doc).getOption("xpath-caching"), "true");
+     assertEquals(3, docImpl.getXPathCacheSize());
+ }}}
+
+ No common code can contain an import of o.a.t.s or of c.r.r.s
+
+ Wherever the SDO API can not handle a particular requirement, an abstraction method is defined
on a shared test helper interface
+ and rigorous assertions are made in javadoc in the interface to specify what is required
of the implementation.
+
+ How about requiring the implementor of an abstraction method to implementa mockObject method.
 Maybe we could have an abstract base class
+ for this,  with mock object methods wherever there are gaps.
+
+
+ We need an abstraction or a common policy for locating test data.  In tuscany we tend to
do this by having resources available to the class loader.  This causes all tests in the XMLDataObject
test program to fail
+