ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples" by KelvinGoodson
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:48:46 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KelvinGoodson:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Tests/RogueWave/Samples

      assertEquals(3, docImpl.getXPathCacheSize());
  }}}

- No common code can contain an import of o.a.t.s or of c.r.r.s
+ We should have a policy such as no common code can contain an import of o.a.t.s or of c.r.r.s

  Wherever the SDO API can not handle a particular requirement, an abstraction method is defined
on a shared test helper interface
  and rigorous assertions are made in javadoc in the interface to specify what is required
of the implementation.

+ How about once we have done an initial pass on abstractions of test utilities we require
the implementor of a new utility method to implement a mockObject method before inserting
the new code into svn. Maybe we could have an abstract base class for this,  with mock object
methods wherever there are gaps in one or more implementations.  The base class using mocks
should signal in the test log that mock objects are being used. We could even use assertions
in the mock method to document what must be true of a true implmenetation of the utility method.
- How about requiring the implementor of an abstraction method to implementa mockObject method.
 Maybe we could have an abstract base class
- for this,  with mock object methods wherever there are gaps.

- We need an abstraction or a common policy for locating test data.  In tuscany we tend to
do this by having resources available to the class loader.  This causes all tests in the XMLDataObject
test program to fail
+ We need an abstraction or a common policy for locating test data.  In tuscany we tend to
do this by having resources available to the class loader.  This currently causes all tests
in the XMLDataObjectTest program to fail.  I have this compiling cleanly, (with a few tests
commented out).
-
-
-