ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "WorkingWithPaging" by KevinWilliams
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:38:18 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KevinWilliams:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/WorkingWithPaging

- The RDB DAS provides a mechanim for working with the result of large queries one chunk (page)
at a time.
+ The RDB DAS provides a mechanim for working with the result of large queries one chunk (page)
at a time.  This capability is modeled after the behavior of web search engines.  For example,
if I Google "RDB DAS" I am presented with a page representing the first 10 references.  I
am also told that there were close to 500,000 mathces and I am given the opportunity to go
to the next page or directly to pages two throught ten.  After movng from the first page I
am also provided the opportunity to move back to some previous page.