ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "WorkingWithPaging" by KevinWilliams
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:42:23 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KevinWilliams:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/WorkingWithPaging

  The RDB DAS provides a mechanim for working with the result of large queries one chunk (page)
at a time.  This capability is modeled after the behavior of web search engines.  For example,
if I Google "RDB DAS" I am presented with a page representing the first ten references.  I
am also told that there were close to 500,000 mathces and I am given the opportunity to go
to the next page or directly to pages two through ten.  After movng from the first page I
am also provided the opportunity to move back to some previous page.

+ The DAS "Pager" is a wrapper around a provided read command and provides the APIs for paging.
 Here is the Pager interface:
+ {{{
+ public interface Pager {
+
+     /**
+      * Get the next page of data
+      *
+      * @return the next page of data
+      */
+     DataObject next();
+
+     /**
+      * Get the page prior to the last page returned
+      *
+      * @return the previous page
+      */
+     DataObject previous();
+
+     /**
+      * Return a specific identified page.
+      *
+      * @param page
+      *            The number of the page to return
+      * @return the indicated page
+      */
+     DataObject getPage(int page);
+