ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis2/JAX-WS/JSR-181" by NickGallardo
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:44:15 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by NickGallardo:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/JAX-WS/JSR-181

  }
  }}}

- Of the three approaches provided, this seems like the one closest to the goal.  If this
approach were chosen though, there would need to be a default chosen for the cases in which
this annotation was not specified on the endpoint.  To pass the JAX-WS TCK, we cannot require
the presence of an additional annotation, so the default should be JAX-WS.
+ A example usage of this annotation by a service to target Axis2 would look like this:
+ {{{
+ package test;

+ import org.apache.axis2.annotation.RuntimeBinding;
+ import org.apache.axis2.annotation.RuntimeBinding.Runtime;
+
+ @WebService(serviceName="MyService" targetNamespace="http://test")
+ @RuntimeBinding(target=Runtime.AXIS2)
+ public MyService {
+
+     @WebMethod
+     public String foo(String input) {
+         return input;
+     }
+ }
+ }}}
+
+ So with two import statements and one additional annotation, we're able to toggle between
whether the endpoint should be Axis2 or whether it should be JAX-WS.
+
+ Of the three approaches provided, this seems like the one closest to the goal.  If this
approach were chosen though, there would need to be a default chosen for the cases in which
this annotation was not specified on the endpoint.  <b>To pass the JAX-WS TCK, we cannot
require the presence of an additional annotation, so the default runtime for an annotated
class should be JAX-WS.</b>
+