ws-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Ws Wiki] Update of "FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/SSLConfig" by CharlesWicksteed
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:08:06 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by CharlesWicksteed:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/SSLConfig

The comment on the change is:
Changed title to match front page, add internal links, minor fix to wording

- '''Configuring SSL with Axis Client'''
+ '''How do I select a client certificate for SSL at run time?'''

- (Note: sorry I can't get the inter-page links working.  I will come back later and fix them
when I have worked out how.  CW)
-
- If you want more control over the configuration of Axis client SSL {{{(FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/Ssl)}}},
you can use {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} as the secure socket factory.  {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}}
is a sub-class of {{{JSSESocketFactory}}}.  To tell Axis to use this class, create in your
classpath, under {{{META-INF/services/}}} a file called {{{org.apache.axis.components.net.SecureSocketFactory}}}
with the content :
+ If you want more control over the configuration of [:../Ssl:Axis client SSL], you can use
{{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} as the secure socket factory.  {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} is a
sub-class of {{{JSSESocketFactory}}}.  To tell Axis to use this class, create in your classpath,
under {{{META-INF/services/}}} a file called {{{org.apache.axis.components.net.SecureSocketFactory}}}
with the content :
  {{{
  org.apache.axis.components.net.SunJSSESocketFactory
  }}}

- To pass the configuration data to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} at run time, make a custom
engine configuration, similar to that described in "How do I setup handlers in Axis clients?"
{{{(FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration)}}}.
+ To pass the configuration data to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}} at run time, make a custom
engine configuration, similar to that described in "[:../:How do I setup handlers in Axis
clients?]".

- Here is an example engine configuration which is equivalent to the default client-config.wsdd,
with one additional parameter (keystore) for the SSL configuration. The JSSE library always
uses the first certificate that it finds in the key store, so this is the way to make it use
different certificates for connections to different services. Any option set on the {{{HTTPSender}}}
is copied, by the Axis code, to the attributes hash table passed to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}}
constructor.
+ Here is an example engine configuration which is equivalent to the default client-config.wsdd,
with one additional parameter (keystore) for the SSL configuration. The JSSE library always
uses the first certificate that it finds in the key store, so this is the way to make it use
different certificates for connections to different services. Any option that you set on the
{{{HTTPSender}}} is copied, by the Axis code, to the attributes hash table passed to the {{{SunJSSESocketFactory}}}
constructor.

  {{{
  import org.apache.axis.AxisEngine;