ws-dev mailing list archives

From "John Kaputin (gmail)" <jakapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Woden M7a release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:30:24 GMT
Resending to the WS general list as the first attempt failed.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Kaputin (gmail) <jakaputin@gmail.com>
Date: Apr 12, 2007 12:47 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Woden M7a release
To: woden-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: general@ws.apache.org

Woden devs and WSPMC,
An interim release of Woden is needed to support the upcoming Axis2
1.2release. Please review the Release Candidate 1 driver for a Woden
M7a
release and cast your vote.

I have built and tested the Woden M7a-RC1 driver and uploaded the binary and
source zip files to:

http://people.apache.org/~jkaputin/woden/milestones/1.0M7a-incubating/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejkaputin/woden/milestones/1.0M7a-incubating/>

M7a is an incremental release of Woden M7 containing 2 changes (see the
Release Notes in the zip for full details):
* WODEN-153 Use new WSDL 2.0 namespaces.
* WODEN-154 A fix to the URI Resolver.

As we need 3 +1 binding votes from the WSPMC before seeking Incubator PMC
approval for a Woden release, could any WSPMC members interested in this
Axis2 1.2 release please review and vote on Woden M7a RC1.  This will speed
up the release cycle.  If the WSPMC members are also IPMC members, even
better!

I have been waiting for new releases of some of the dependencies shared
between Woden and Axis2:
1) Axiom 1.2.3, which is now released and included as a Woden M7a dependency
2) XmlSchema 1.3, which will be released soon. In the meantime, M7a-RC1 is
dependent on XmlSchema 1.3 RC3.

When XmlSchema 1.3 is release I will change the Woden M7a dependency to
XmlSchema 1.3 and rebuild the release files as M7a, then use these files for
the IPMC vote. In the meantime, I am initiating the Woden and WSPMC voting
on M7a-RC1.

regards,
John Kaputin